She's Mine

I stayed up late the other night and just decided to start drawing a face.  I didn't have anything specific in mind and I think for the first time I wasn't looking at someone else's drawing of a face as I was doing this.  I have been trying to find "my face" the one that feels like it is mine when I draw it and not just a copy of someone else's work.  Tonight I think I found her.  She is on a post card I made up because she was going to be part of an art swap I am doing but after looking at her for a few minutes there is no way I am letting her go.  All I can think of is "she's mine".  That may not make sense to anyone reading it the way it does to me but anyway...

posted under |

2 comments:

OStarr said...

I think it totally makes sense. You found a style, a look, an approach that is YOU - that feels right. Of course you want to keep it, it's a treasure. I love this drawing, it's beautiful and has a ton of personality!

Ingrid said...

she's beautiful! i love that she looks like a girl from the 30s. i completely understand your pride and your connection with her - i think you should hang her up on your inspiration board!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments