The Poppy Spree

I love poppies, they are so bright and cheerful.  In the summer there are a lot of them in bloom in our neighborhood and I love to take photos of them.  So imagine how happy I was to find this little gem.

A lovely friend of mine, Margot, is offering an incredible deal on her blog over here.  She is doing a workshop on painting watercolor poppies for the month of October...and...she is offering it FREE to anyone who wants to take it.  There is something so cheerful and uplifting about painting bright red poppies in October with the cooler weather rolling in. 

I have to admit I have wanted to learn more about painting flowers with watercolors for quite some time but watercolor intimidates me so I thought this class was the perfect was to give it a shot without a big investment.  So far I am loving it and I am really happy with some of the poppies I have created, they are far from perfect but much better than I expected.  

Here is what I have created after the first week.  Some are just exercises and some are attempts at actual little paintings, all were so much fun.






Check it out if you would like to learn more about painting these cheerful flowers. 

posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments