You are Nothing Less Than Perfect


It is such a difficult thing.  We all hear it, we understand it but yet we continue to be so hard on ourselves.  Yes, I think the media plays a role in it but I think it is a mindset that goes back long before media was part of the problem.  I think as women we are genetically wired to be hard on ourselves and to not take credit for our beauty and our accomplishments.  And I think this is something we need to continue to stuggle to change. 

Even just yesterday I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and thought wow, I look so old and fat.  The truth is we do age, we can't help it.  We can slow some of it down with costly procedures but we can't stop it but no matter what we are all truly beautiful because each one of us is blessed with our own unique gifts and we each bring a different perspective to the table each and every day.  So this art journal page is my celebration of that beauty and those gifts, even if I stuggle most days to believe it myself.

posted under , , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments