Collage Couture

I was at the bookstore the other day and I came across a great book called "Collage Couture, Techniques for Creating Fashionable Art" by Julie Nutting.  I quickly flipped through the pages and fell in love with the ideas. 

She is basically creating fashion figures using collage art, she actually used to draw sketches for a fashion designer so she is very talented but she breaks it down so simply that even an art newbie such as myself can follow along.  You can check out the book on Amazon here

It's not a book I would have picked out if I was online shopping so I am lucky I found it in the local Chapters because they typically do not have a very good selection of art books. 

Anyway here is a painting I made based on one of the techniques in the book.  I named it "She's So Lovely" but I don't really think she is.  I think perhaps she is actually a bit homely but for a first try at something new I am okay with that and I thought I would share her anyway and talk about this great book.

posted under |

2 comments:

OStarr said...

I love this. What I PARTICULARLY love are her slight physical imperfections/particularities if you even want to call them that. I love that her shoulders are a bit broad, her face is full, and her features are not model-perfect; I think her face looks REAL and her expression is soulful and vulnerable, and that makes her lovely.

I read about this book and didn't think it was for me, I'm not much into couture, but seeing what you did, I'm curious about the book. I just got two that I love - "The Artist Unique" and "Art Saves". Highly recommend both.

Ingrid said...

she's adorable! her hair reminds me a bid of amelie, actually!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments