Fabulous Faces Week 1

I purchased a DVD of Tamara Laporte's online course "Fabulous Faces" off of her Willowing website a couple of months ago.  I loved the short lesson she gave on drawing faces as part of her free "Art, Heart and Healing" course so I wanted to give this more in depth course on faces a try.

When I was showing my mother some of my drawings she asked me why I decided to start my foray into art with faces which are one of the hardest things to draw.  I can't really say except that I find that is what interests me more than anything else.  I keep practicing faces and copying ones I find in books and magazines in an effort to find what I would call "my face" as in the face I most feel like drawing.  I haven't found it yet, I figure in the long run it will likely be a combination of all the different faces I have learned to draw through the many online art classes I am taking.  Yes, I may be becoming an online art class junkie but I do think there are worse habits out there to pick up, and really it is a lot cheaper than the shopping addiction I used to have.

So anyway, back to topic, here is the first face I drew after watching the first weeks video from "Fabulous Faces", she is done entirely in graphite.  I have to say, while the nose is far from perfect, noses continue to challenge me.  Although maybe they challenge me because I let them intimidate me...hmm...food for thought.

posted under , |

1 comments:

OStarr said...

I think you did a really great job on this! You have a great way with eyes - they are so expressive. And the hair is beautiful. I seem to always tend toward messy, all-over-the-place hair - not sure yet if it's a technique issue or just "my style"! As for noses - I actually like it. I think we focus so much on making our people look "perfect", that it's nice to see some slight physical imperfections in drawings and paintings. It kind of mirrors the real world, you know what I mean? Anyway, keep up the good work! I'm thinking of getting the faces DVD too, just trying to think if I can fit another thing into my crazy life :-)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments