Paint Over Technique

The inspiration for this came from Tamara Laporte over a Willowing.  She does some amazing paint over collage work that is stunning.  I didn't do the collage, this was the first time I had tried this method so I wanted to just keep it simple. 

This is a magazine photo which is painted over with heavy bodied acrylic paint and then the features are drawn and painted back in.  I have to say even though it is far from perfect I am quite happy with the way this turned out.  I know I should have put more highlights in the hair but I actually preferred the dark, rich tone as it is.

posted under |

1 comments:

OStarr said...

This is lovely! I am taking that class also and while I had loads of fun and am happy with my collage overall, my face painting didn't turn out nearly as well as yours! Wonderful job!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments