Contour Painting

I am now officially one full week behind in my BIG painting class over at the Dirty Footprints Studio.  I am not too worried about it, I have plans to make it happen it is just life threw too many things at me over the weekend.  All good, fun things mind you so I can complain.  But I thought I would post a couple of my paintings from last week. 

Our assignment was to do a contour painting, for this you sit in front of a mirror and try to paint yourself. This was fairly easy although I don't think the finished product actually looks like me I do like the painting.



The second assignment was to do a blind contour painting.  To do this you still look at yourself in the mirror but you do not look at the paper.  Of course what you end up with is rather comical and looks a little like a Picasso.  It was still a great exercise to do although it is really hard not to look at the paper.  Here is my end result.


It's quite comical isn't is???

posted under |

2 comments:

Hybrid J said...

Well done on think big and paint big. Fantastic! Glad to have you at "Supplies Me" class ... cheers.

Unknown said...

Love those faces... I've just popped over from Jane's Supplies Me course.... :)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments